PreBit Oulu 2019
Bit1 preliminary competition
It’s time to search for the best Finnish student game in the national game competition Bit1. The preliminaries, PreBits, are held in Helsinki, Tampere, Oulu, and Turku.
The application period is between 1.2.-20.3.2019. This year the winning team will be selected at Bit1 in Tampere, on 7-8th May by a jury of top professionals.
All teams will receive feedback for their games from the juries in both PreBits and finals.
I want to apply
Please check if you are eligible to apply. Read the Competition Rules here.
In 2019 the local organizations will choose 12 teams to compete at each PreBit event. Choices will be made based on the following material submitted for the entry by each team:
- Game design canvas
- 1 min video of game core loop
- Answers given to questions of the preliminary assignment
Your game can be on any platform, and it can be either single or multiplayer.
Please note that you have time to develop your game further both between the sign up and PreBit, and then before Bit1. We do not expect you to have everything looking polished when you apply, but the core loop must be playable. What counts a lot are your game concept, design ideas and plans.
- Jury of four game industry pros
- 3min pitching
- 2min Q&A
- 5min playtesting on each game for each judge.
From each PreBit the best 3 teams will be chosen to compete at the finals.
Dates, times and locations
- PreBit Turku: 10.4. at 17-22 Skärgårdsbaren – Saaristobaari, Aurakatu 14
- PreBit Helsinki: 11.4. at 12-17 Games Factory
- PreBit Tampere: 12.4. at 10-14 TAMK Games Academy
- PreBit Oulu: 25.4. Oulu Game LAB
Links to materials
Attach the following material in the requested format on your application
- Game design canvas:
- Core loop video:
- Attach link to the application form
- Format preferably mp4
Check out the facebook event from Oulu, to find out more info as we come closer to the event.